We are happy to share that AYC’s classes for The Financially Disadvantaged are back! Please note the below guidelines to protect ourselves and each other:
Please note the below guidelines to protect ourselves and each other:
- The AYC volunteers/teachers will make arrangements in the class sizing and spacing.
- We aim to maintain a 1.5 meter distance between mats for larger classes.
- Feel free to wear a mask as needed. Maintain personal hygiene before and after the class
- If you are feeling unwell or have flu-like symptoms, please do not join the class.
- Hands-on adjustments will be limited.
Andiappan Yoga Community shares yoga with the The Financially Disadvantaged in Central, Hong Kong.
Andiappan Yoga Community
“As I deepened my own yoga practice — and saw how I improved physically, mentally and spiritually — I realized that I wanted to share yoga with more people, especially with those who have limited resources. Domestic helpers work tirelessly day in and day out. If they could have a little time dedicated for themselves to do yoga, they would feel alive, refreshed and inspired when they go back to work.” — Andiappan Yoga Community, Project Leader.
如果他們可以花一點時間做瑜伽，那麼當他們重新上班時，他們會充滿活力並受到啟發。”— Andiappan Yoga Community, 項目負責人
Project Update: 17 June 2020. Ms. Carol Leung who has been teaching in this project regularly is now the project leader.
項目更新：2020年6月17日 Ms. Carol Leung (活動負責人)
Project Name and Nature:
AYC Class for The Financially Disadvantaged, Sunday, Central, Hong Kong
Venue: Pier 10, Central, Hong Kong
Sundays from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.
Notes: This class will be open to the general public and especially target The Financially Disadvantaged in that area.
Guideline 1: Please note the below guidelines to protect ourselves and each other:
- All new students must register at https://www.yogacommunity.org/student-enrollment/ and complete the disclaimer in the AYC website before joining the class. Show the email acknowledgement to the teacher before the class.
- If volunteers can bring a thermometer, please take the temperature of the students before the class, and if they have temperature (37.8C or greater, they should not be allowed to attend the class.
- The AYC volunteers/teachers will have to make arrangements in the class sizing and spacing. We aim to maintain a 1.5-meter distance between mats for larger classes or group of 4 students with 1.5 m space between groups.
- All teaching/assisting volunteers must wear mask during the class.
- Students can be encouraged to wear mask for others safety.
- Maintain proper personal hygiene before and after the class.
- If any volunteers or students feel unwell or have flu-like symptoms, please do not let them join the class.
- Hands-on adjustments can be limited, try to demonstrate the poses and explain it verbally as much as possible.
- Please inform the students not to gather more than 4 people per group during the class.
- Avoid partner yoga poses in the class.
- Avoid advance poses and inversions in the class.
- Please update 3 -4 class photos in the AYC WhatsApp group and after the photos are shared the AYC’s official social media page, you can share them in your personal social media page. Kindly do not upload them before they are vetted by the AYC admin team.
- 所有學生必須登入 https://www.yogacommunity.org/student-enrollment/，並在AYC 網站上填寫免責聲明後才可上課。義工老師需於開課前，要求同學顯示電子郵件，確認已填寫免責聲明。
- 義工老師必需妥善安排課堂的大小及同學之間的間距。對於較多人的課堂， 同學與同學之間，或每四人為一組的小組，必需保持最少5米的距離。
- 請在AYC WhatsApp 群組中分享三到四張課堂照片。當AYC 於官方媒體公佈了照片後，義工老師可在個人社交媒體中共享照片。請不要在AYC 公佈照片前，上傳任何照片，以保護他人的個人私隱。
If you are interested to attend the class as a student, please follow the steps below to complete your registration.
- Visit this link https://www.yogacommunity.org/student-enrollment/
- Find AYC Class for The Financially Disadvantaged, Sunday, Central, Hong Kong in the Project list.
- Fill in the details and upon submitting the form you will receive an email that contains the details of the class with location and timings etc.
- You can contact the project teacher with the details given in that email. or you can show up at the venue as per the day and time mentioned in the email.
- Remember to bring the email copy to show to the teacher on the first day of your class.
- 於「Student Enrollment Form」選擇 Project 「AYC Class for The Financially Disadvantaged, Sunday, Central, Hong Kong」;
Who can teach in this project: Andiappan Yoga Community Volunteer Teachers those who have completed a minimum of 200hrs Yoga Teacher Training Course with International Yoga Academy, Hong Kong can apply for this project. Share the gift of yoga and help us in fulfilling AYC’s mission. Your enthusiasm and help are greatly appreciated.
有興趣申請為此計劃義教之AYC義工：已完成香港INTERNATIONAL YOGA ACADEMY瑜伽教師培訓之ANDIAPPAN YOGA COMMUNITY義工可以申請為此計劃義教。一起分享瑜伽的恩賜，亦幫助我們實現AYC的使命。我們十分感激您的熱誠和幫助。申請為此計劃義教前，請確保您每星期一至五均有時間，並習慣在鏡頭前教授瑜伽。課堂將按老師的時間輪流安排老師，亦給予學生多元的學習體驗。
If you are a registered AYC volunteer you are eligible to assist/ teach in this program, please follow these steps:
- Log-in to the AYC website (yogacommunity.org)
- Under “My Profile”, click “Ongoing Projects”
- Find (AYC Class for The Financially Disadvantaged, Sunday, Central, Hong Kong), and select “I would like to apply”
- Please wait for the admin to add you to the WhatsApp group before you start assisting / teaching.
- 點擊「My Profile」，然後選擇「Ongoing Projects」；
- 找到「AYC Class for The Financially Disadvantaged, Sunday, Central, Hong Kong」，然後選擇「I would like to apply」；
F or more information on teaching the overseas workers community, please contact us AYC at official business WhatsApp at +852 6214 8847 (Message only No Calls) or join our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/groups/yac.overseasworkers
Check out the video about the launch of this program here.