Andiappan Yoga Community shares yoga with the overseas workers' community in Central on Saturdays.
“At first I thought yoga is only for young people, but after this class I realized that this is really for everyone! I am over 50 years old and I’m so happy I was able to join this class. Master Yogananth and the teachers are really inspiring. Thank you for the opportunity and we look forward to more.” — Beth Inocentes, program participant
Project Leader Louise Vas has reactivated this (former Yogananth Andiappan Community) program for Hong Kong’s overseas worker community. AYC’s free yoga class for overseas workers is our largest and fastest growing program, reaching numbers of almost 500 weekly participants. As such, we always are in need of volunteer teachers and assistants. If you’re new to teaching, this is a great place to start. And if you enjoy outdoor yoga classes, all the better. Come be a part of this amazing yoga experience and share the vibe.
Check out the video about the launch of this program here.
Project Name and Nature: Overseas Workers, Saturday, Central, Hong Kong
Venue: Pier 10, Central, Hong Kong
Saturdays from 3 to 4 p.m.
Notes: This class will be open to the public and especially target Overseas workers those who work in that area.
If you are interested to attend the class as a student, please follow the steps below to complete your registration.
- Visit this link https://www.yogacommunity.org/student-enrollment/
- Find Overseas Workers, Saturday, Central, Hong Kong in the Project list.
- Fill in the details and upon submitting the form you will receive an email that contains the details of the class with location and timings etc.
- You can contact the project teacher with the details given in that email. or you can show up at the venue as per the day and time mentioned in the email.
- Remember to bring the email copy to show to the teacher on the first day of your class.
Who can teach in this project: Andiappan Yoga Community Volunteer Teachers those who have completed a minimum of 200hrs Yoga Teacher Training Course with International Yoga Academy, Hong Kong can apply for this project. Share the gift of yoga and help us in fulfilling AYC’s mission. Your enthusiasm and help are greatly appreciated.
If you are a registered AYC volunteer you are eligible to assist/ teach in this program, please follow these steps:
- Log-in to the AYC website (yogacommunity.org)
- Under “My Profile”, click “Ongoing Projects”
- Find (Overseas Workers, Saturday, Central, Hong Kong), and select “I would like to apply”
- Please wait for the admin to add you to the WhatsApp group before you start assisting / teaching.
For more information on teaching the overseas workers community, please contact Project Leader Louise Vas at email@example.com, or join our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/groups/yac.overseasworkers