Since 09 January 2012
Medical Rehabilitation Yoga
Last updated: 27 April 2022
About this Project:
Andiappan Yoga Community partners with Anahata Yoga Studio to share yoga therapy with women recovering from breast cancer.
“I wanted to explore if yoga practice can help to alleviate the physical symptoms experienced by cancer patients. Stress is one of the most common complaints by many cancer patients. Yoga practice helped these patients to build self-confidence in managing the physical symptoms and thereby improve their overall well-being.” — Andiappan Yoga Community Volunteer Teacher Edward, Wah Gor
- Meditation and Relaxation techniques to relieve fear and anxiety.
- Gentle postures, and breathing techniques significantly alleviate fatigue and pain.
- Helps facilitate lymph drainage for anyone recovering from breast cancer.
- and many more health benefits to get back to healthy life.
Who are the students in this project?
These classes are open to women who are or have been patients of breast cancer.
For students: Ready to sign up for yoga classes?
We will provide yoga mats, accessories and yoga t.shirt to students who attend this class. To join the class students can arrive 10 mins before the class and reserve a spot.
For volunteers: Interested in volunteering for this project?
Learn more about how to Get Involved as an AYC Volunteer and apply for this project. Please note volunteers for this project should have completed 300hrs in Yoga Therapy training and are required to commit for a minimum of 3 months. Classes are conducted largely in Cantonese. Female volunteers are preferred for this project.
時間: 逢星期一早上 9.15 – 10.15 am
條件: 完成 200 小時瑜伽導師訓練課程 , 女性教師優先, 三個月承諾
- 點擊「My Profile」，然後選擇「Ongoing Projects」；
- 找到「Yoga Therapy Class for Breast Cancer Survivors, Hong Kong」，然後選擇「I would like to apply」；